When asking friends and family why they don’t travel, the answer we get back is “I have no money.” If that’s you, give us the chance to convince you otherwise!
There are 2 keys to traveling with no money: Flexibility and Prioritization.
If you are flexible and plan to travel alone or with others who are flexible. You are on your way out the door. Second of all is prioritization. The travel will have to become priority over whatever it is you are choosing to spend your money on right now.
So, are you willing to walk this path with us? Your going to be shocked at how many resources there are these days!
Overcoming The Financial Barrier is easier than you think!
Where Will I Stay?
- House sitting is a great way to stay nice. Which House Sitters Company is Best?
- Pet sitting because believe it or not, you can pet sit all around the world and find some furry or feathery friends. Pet Sitters International
- Stay with the locals for cheap living and a unique experience. Stay With Locals For Cheap All Around The World
- Get on AirBNB or Flipkey to find better than hotel deals.
- Wanting a hotel? Your best hotel prices are found here: Hotels in Asia
How Will I Pay For Travel?
- Use a credit card with miles from this day forward for EVERYTHING!: Visa Venture from Capitol One is our favorite. Capitol One Venture
- Airline deals from cheap to free. 10 Ways To Fly For Free
- When on ground you can hitchhike. There are many who have hitchhiked through all of Europe.
- Another option in European countries is to buy a car then sell it, lease a car, or do a share group. https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/car-leasing
- Travel like the locals usually works but flexibility is a must!
How Do I Eat On A Budget Overseas?
- Cook your own food. This is the best way to travel on a food budget.
- Pay little to eat in locals homes. There is even a website coordinating this effort but we have found that with a few dollars offered, many locals would love to have you over for dinner. Eat With Locals International
Waiting For The Next Chapter Of Your Life To Begin? Start Fresh:
- You can even be paid to go overseas! There are many jobs overseas or long term volunteer opportunities: English teaching, Guesthouses and restaurants, travel agents, marketing, or whatever your skill might be from nurse, lawyer, to business. There are several websites with job postings but here is one to check out: Jobs Overseas
- Work on a farm from sheep herding to planting gardens. Jobs on Farms International
- Student scholarships are becoming more popular as American universities expand overseas and so do partnership with universities. You can even study for free at some schools. Top 10 Places American Students Choose To Study Abroad
Don’t let anything hold you back from discovering this world. Traveling is one of the best ways to develop yourself, learn about other cultures, meet others, be refreshed, and figure out your next steps. If your ready to make your dreams come true, then what is the next step? For more information, visit the travel hack pros at www.nomadicmatt.com. And, please share where it is that you want to go next!